To be eligible for admission to the Master of Laws (LLM) Programme, applicants must satisfy the general entrance requirements and the following programme specific entrance requirements:
- hold an honours degree in law or equivalent qualification;
- be admitted for professional practice of law in Hong Kong or other jurisdiction;
- have obtained either a Common Professional Examination (CPE) of the United Kingdom or Hong Kong with satisfactory results, provided that a second class honours degree has also been obtained;
- have obtained a Postgraduate Certificate in Hong Kong Law or Master of Arts/ Laws in Arbitration and Dispute Resolution;
- hold any other equivalent qualifications in law or provide evidence of relevant academic and professional attainments acceptable to the CityU.
- be proficient in English if they are applying for the English Modules; or be proficient in English and Chinese (Putonghua) if they are applying for the Chinese Modules.
For applicants whose entrance qualification is obtained from an institution where the medium of instruction is not English, the minimum English language proficiency requirement will usually be:
- a TOEFL score of 595 (paper-based test) or 97 (internet-based); or
- an overall band score of 7.0 in IELTS; or
- a score of 500 in the Chinese mainland's College English Test (CET) Band 6; or
- other equivalent qualifications.
(The School has stipulated a validity period of three years for results of the above tests. Applicants are required to provide their English test results obtained within the three years preceding the commencement of the University's application period.)