- Introduction to the practice in International Human Rights Law
- United Nations Human Rights Bodies
- Compliance Control Mechanisms in the Council of Europe
- Compliance Control Mechanisms in the European Union
- Compliance Control Mechanisms in the Inter-American System of Human Rights
- General Theory of Fundamental Rights
- Other International Human Rights Mechanisms: The International Criminal Court and the World Bank
- The protection of indigenous peoples and national minorities
The second Module is an internship at an institution which works in the field of human rights.
Master Thesis : At the end of the Program, in the third Module each student is expected to draft a Master Thesis on a particular topic related to the classes of Module I, or eventually to the internship in Module II.
The classes will be taught mainly in Spanish, although several specific seminars will be held in English. In this respect, the University of Alcala organizes Spanish courses during September and also an online course which may be helpful. However, international students may opt to present their written examinations and the Master Thesis in Spanish or English.