A complete application file consists of:
- A completed application form.
A writing sample in English.
- A (non-refundable) check (in American dollars), travelers check or international money order payable to "The University of Connecticut School of Law" in the amount of $40 (US) for the application processing fee.
- Final law school transcript from the applicant's degree-granting institution. The law degree should be the equivalent of the J.D. or LL.B. degree; correspondence course degrees will not be considered for admission.
- Personal statement describing educational background, reasons for enrolling in the LL.M. program for U.S. Legal Studies, planned course of study and career goals.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation, either present or former law professors or supervisors of your legal work, which the recommender must send electronically. You can download a copy of the recommendation form here.
- Financial Declaration Form, and an
- Official TOEFL/IELTS test score.
Please click here for further information about the application process.