Charlotte School of Law offers an LL.M. in American Legal Studies for foreign trained attorneys. This one-year, 24-credit hour program provides students with the opportunity to pursue a flexible course of study tailored to their interests, or to complete the coursework required to be eligible to sit for the New York Bar Exam with an LL.M. degree and a qualifying first foreign degree in law. Both options provide students with significant legal training and a strong understanding of U.S. law.
We are very pleased to announce that we will be offering several full and partial tuition scholarship opportunities to qualified applicants through our LL.M. Ambassador Scholarship program. In order to be eligible for consideration, a prospective student must simply submit his/her application for the LL.M program. To apply please visit LSAC at www.lsac.org. For these significant scholarship opportunities, we are seeking highly qualified candidates that possess the following characteristics:
- Possess a qualifying first foreign degree in law;
- High academic achievement;
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership and teamwork;
- Superior personal awareness;
- Ability to contribute to the practice, development and study of law;
- Commitment to service;
- Contribution to a globally diverse student population;
- Ability to master legal studies in English; and
- Willingness to serve as an LL.M. alumni leader and ambassador for CSL.