To complete an application, you must return the completed application form, the application fee of $40 payable to Cleveland State University and the following:
- If English is not your native language, results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required. A score of 600 or above, 250 or above on the Computer Based test,or 100 or above on the internet based test is normally required for admission to the LL.M. program. An IELTS score of 7 or above may be substituted for the requisite TOEFL score.
- A letter stating your reasons for applying to our LL.M. program and how our course offerings can fulfill your expectations.
- Three personal reference letters confirming the likelihood of your success in graduate study. It is recommended that at least one letter come from a law teacher in the school awarding your first law degree. In the event you have been employed in any law related capacity, one letter should also come from your immediate supervisor.
- Official transcripts from all colleges awarding degrees.
- Completed applications for the Fall semester must be received by the previous March l; completed applications for the Spring semester must be received by the previous October 1. Financial aid (loans) is available to eligible LL.M. candidates who are enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours per semester. We strongly encourage students whose first degree in law is from outside the United States to apply for Fall admission so that they may begin their studies with the course Introduction to American Law, which is offered in the Fall only (the course begins prior to the formal start of the Fall semester).
More information here