Applicants must fulfil at least one of (1) to (4) below AND (5) :
(1) A degree of Bachelor of Laws with at least second class honours from this University or from another university or comparable institution accepted for this purpose; or
(2) Having been admitted to the professional practice of law in Hong Kong or in a territory or country other than Hong Kong; or
(3) Having obtained either the Common Professional Examination of England and Wales or the Common Professional Examination Certificate of this University with good results, provided that in either case the candidate has also obtained at least a second class honours degree of this University or from another university or comparable institution accepted for this purpose; or
(4) Hold a degree in a discipline other than law with at least second class honours or qualification of equivalent standard from this University or from another university or comparable institution accepted for this purpose and provided that the Faculty Higher Degrees Committee is satisfied that by reason of candidate’s background, experience and professional qualifications, if any, the candidate is fit to follow the programme.
(5) Applicants who do not have a bachelor’s degree with English as the medium of instruction are required to satisfy the English language proficiency on the basis of one of the following recognized English tests:
(i) Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) A score of 593 or above (paper-based test) or 97 or above (internet-based test)
(ii) International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Band 7 or above with no subtest below 6.5