Retour au guide des formations LLM

LLM in Intellectual Property Law


To be eligible for admission, you must hold one of the following:

  • J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school in the U.S.
  • First degree in law from an educational institution in another country
  • A comparable academic degree

Documentation of all academic degrees and, where applicable, a license, is required.

You must also submit:

  • Application form
  • A personal statement
  • Two letters of reference written on official letterhead, each in a sealed envelope with the reference writer’s signature across the sealed envelope. Reference letters that are not appropriately signed and sealed are not acceptable. The official notarized English translation of any reference letter must be accompanied by the original reference letter in its native language.
  • All undergraduate and graduate transcripts
  • A copy of your law license (if you hold one)
  • If English is your second language, your TOEFL (minimum score of 81 on the Internet-Based) or IELTS (minimum composite score of 6.5) score, or a “First Grade” score on the National Japanese English Proficiency STEP Exam, or your official transcript showing satisfactory completion of Intensive English Master Level 112 at any ELS Language Center, or your official transcript and/or graduation certificate of an earned baccalaureate or graduate degree from a college or university in a country designated as predominantly English-speaking.

If you are not a native English speaker, you will be required to take the English for Academic Purposes Test (EAP) during orientation.  This is a placement test to determine the number of English support courses you will be required to take during your studies, if any. Qualifying language scores must be less than two years old.

Click here for further information about the application process.


To gain admission to the LL.M. program at the law school, you must demonstrate academic achievement, professional accomplishment, and English language competency. In addition, you must satisfy one of the following education requirements:

Hold a J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school in the U.S.,
Hold a first degree in law or comparable from a university outside of the U.S., or prove that you are licensed to practice outside the U.S. (foreign applicants only)

For more information : click here


Please click here for the detailed curriculum and a complete list of the courses available.


Please click here for the detailed curriculum and a complete list of the courses available.