A. Materials from the applicants themselves:
- The completed application form
- A curriculum vitae (résumé)
- a) Two essays to supplement the résumé: a personal statement and a statement of purpose written by the applicant in English as further described on the application form; b) If you wish to apply for the SJD program, you must also submit a prospectus of your proposed thesis topic in sufficient detail to indicate its significance and originality. Your prospectus should describe the nature of the topic, the questions to be explored, the research methodology, and at least one faculty member in your field of interest.
B. Credentials from recommenders and institutions:
Ask the authors/institutions to submit (by mail or courier) directly to LSAC or to the Law School:
- a) At least two letters of recommendation, on the official stationary of the recommender, written in English, or in the recommender's native language with a certified English translation.; b) For SJD applicants: your letters of recommendation must address your demonstrated capacity for advanced legal scholarship and prospects for an academic career.
- Official transcripts and degree confirmations from all tertiary and post-graduate programs attended
- Current official score reports from TOEFL (at least 98 iBT) or IELTS (at least 7.0)
- Application Fee: The application fee is $75.
Please click here for further information about the application process.