We accept online applications only, through the Law School Admissions Council. The application deadline is January 10.
Applying through LSAC
Berkeley Law requires that applicants submit their application online through the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) website. If you do not have an LSAC account, you may register for one here.
Required or Optional?
LSAC LLM CAS Document Assembly Fee
LSAC LLM CAS International Transcript Authentication & Evaluation Service
Optional but recommended
If you experience technical difficulties in using the online application service, please call LSAC’s Help Desk at 215-968-1393 or e-mail support@LSAC.org. LSAC Help Desk hours are listed here. If you cannot apply online due to extenuating circumstances such as lack of Internet, you may request a paper application form from the Advanced Degree Programs Office.
LL.M. Credential Assembly Service (LLM CAS)
LSAC’s Credential Assembly Service consists of two parts: the Document Assembly Service and the International Transcripts Authentication and Evaluation Service. This service simplifies the application process by centralizing the submission of application materials. By utilizing the LLM CAS, applicants need only send one set of documents to LSAC, who will assemble and distribute reports to the participating law schools of you choice.
In order to access and submit our online application, you must purchase either the Document Assembly Service only ($75 USD) or the Document Assembly Service AND International Transcript Authentication and Evaluation Service ($200 USD total). Your Credential Assembly Service account will be active for five years.
- LLM CAS Document Assembly Service
- LLM CAS International Transcript Authentication & Evaluation Service
The International Transcript Authentication & Evaluation Service ($125USD in addition to the Document Assembly Service fee) is an option for applicants educated outside the US. This service is highly recommended but not required. Applicants using this service may arrange for official academic documents to be sent once to LSAC for evaluation, authentication and transmission to the participating law schools of your choice.
Please note that if you purchase the International Transcript Authentication and Evaluation Service, LSAC will not forward any documents to Berkeley Law until your transcripts are received, authenticated, and evaluated. Thus, if you do not intend to submit your academic records to LSAC, you should purchase only the Document Assembly Service.
A complete LL.M. application should include the following:
1. Application form - submitted online via LSAC by January 10
2. $80 application fee - pay by credit card while submitting online application
3. Personal Statement - upload to online application
4. Curriculum vitae (c.v.) or résumé - upload to online application
5. Official academic records - the issuing institution should send directly to LSAC
6. Two letters of recommendation - send to LSAC with their Letter of Recommendation Form
7. TOEFL/IELTS score - request that the score report be sent to LSAC. If requesting an English Language Proficiency waiver, check the "Yes" button under the English Requirement section of the online application.
8. Thesis Proposal Summary (thesis track applicants only) - upload to online application
2015 Professional Track Admissions Timeline
For a more detailed 2015-2016 Professional LL.M. program schedule, please click here.